Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Shannon_Trick

Values not Displaying Correctly

Hi,

I am a fairly new user of Power BI. I have a table in Power BI that is displaying some values as per below (-2E-12). I have tried changing the decimal places, looked in the source data, etc. and I'm unable to get a few to display an actual value. Does anybody know why this might be happening?

Shannon_Trick_0-1600695958764.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @Shannon_Trick ,

That's the first thing I would say you should check as per the requirements, If you really need to display these very small values.

Because precision beyond 2 decimal places makes a very little difference in most of the real world scenarios.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Shannon_Trick ,

These values are quite small so you will have to check by increasing the decimals on them.

Just try giving your column Decimal Number format and set them to 15 decimal places. I tried as follows based on the sample you shared and can see the actual values:

Pragati11_0-1600697891625.png

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

@Pragati11, thank you. I tried that and it does display a number. However, given I have a lot of other values that don't require 15 decimal places it's not the best solution. Perhaps I need to review whether I really need this data displayed. I could remove these three, I think.

Shannon_Trick_0-1600698218608.png

HI @Shannon_Trick ,

That's the first thing I would say you should check as per the requirements, If you really need to display these very small values.

Because precision beyond 2 decimal places makes a very little difference in most of the real world scenarios.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Thank you all so much for the help. 🙂

negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Shannon_Trick  These are exponential values and too small to be able to see . You can multiple these values by a big number like 1 mio to see the exact decmial values. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

@negi007 , thank you. I do believe the values within that column that display -2E-12 do net out to zero. Is there a way I can format this to display the zero or a small number, without multiplying it? 

@Shannon_Trick Yes change the deimical number to 2 or 3 as per your requirement, it will then show zero

negi007_0-1600698102707.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.