Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

omdavies
Frequent Visitor

Values in text boxes

Hi,  when editing a report in the service it is possible to add values to a text box, however I cannot see how to do this in the Desktop version, am I missing something obvious ?

Cheers

Owen

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@omdavies , In the insert tab we have a text box where you can put some static text.

For dynamic Number input, we have What if Parameter -https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/desktop-what-if

Thanks for the reply, what I am trying to find is how you can have inline values in a text box like you can do on the service.  

omdavies_0-1603979497901.png

Hello.

Although the question has been a long time ago, I think what you are asking is this thing that I show on the screen:

Aguirre_0-1642494762419.png

1.- In the text box click "+Value"

2.- Select the name of the DAX measure, in my case it was the current year = YEAR(TODAY())

3.- Select whole number in the type or the one that best suits you and you can preview the result that will show you

4.- Finally Save

I hope it serves you.

Greetings.

Hi @omdavies ,

Do you mean the Q&A function in Power BI Desktop?

You can refer the following screenshot to add it.

values1.jpg

Also you can configure the setting in Modeling -> Q&A setup.

values2.jpg

If you have any question, please kindly ask here and we will try to resolve it.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.