Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jpchen
Frequent Visitor

Values in matrix show the next level in the hierarchy when selecting from slicers?

Hi, I have been searched for a quick solution for the past two days but couldn't find any. Pls help.

I would like to change my Matrix visual when selecting from Slicer. The Slicer has hierarchy in it.

First level - Division, second level - Entity, third level - Center, last level - Department.

For example, when I select one Division (HBKU excl. RIs) from the Slicer, I would like to see Entity of HBKU excl. RIs. in Matrix by default. For the right chart, I'd like to see Entity of HBKU excl. RIs. by default.

Capture_210914_01.PNG

After selecting Division (HBKU excl. RIs) from the Slicer, I select one entity from the Division (HBKU ACADEMIC), I would like to see Centers of the Entity (HBKU ACADEMIC) in Matrix by default. For the right chart, I'd like to see Centers of HBKU ACADEMIC by default.

Capture_210914_02.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jpchen ,

Could you pls share your pbix file ,and remember to remove confidential data.

Best Regards

Lucien

Hi @v-luwang-msft ,

Please see my pbix file Test pbix (Choose "Free Download" on the left). Thanks for the kind assistance.

The Slicer has hierarchy - starting from Div. at the top followed by Entity and then by Center.

Ideally, I would like to see the next level in the Matrix when I select the Slicer. For example, when I select "Corporate" from Div., I'd like to see ARCHIVE OFFICE, BMO, ... shown in the Matrix by default.

Capture_210920_00.PNG

When I select "CHAIRPERSON'S OFFICE" from Entity, I'd like to see Chairperson, Chairperson Assistant shown in the Matrix by default.

Capture_210920_01.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.