cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpchen
Frequent Visitor

Values in matrix show the next level in the hierarchy when selecting from slicers?

Hi, I have been searched for a quick solution for the past two days but couldn't find any. Pls help.

I would like to change my Matrix visual when selecting from Slicer. The Slicer has hierarchy in it.

First level - Division, second level - Entity, third level - Center, last level - Department.

For example, when I select one Division (HBKU excl. RIs) from the Slicer, I would like to see Entity of HBKU excl. RIs. in Matrix by default. For the right chart, I'd like to see Entity of HBKU excl. RIs. by default.

Capture_210914_01.PNG

After selecting Division (HBKU excl. RIs) from the Slicer, I select one entity from the Division (HBKU ACADEMIC), I would like to see Centers of the Entity (HBKU ACADEMIC) in Matrix by default. For the right chart, I'd like to see Centers of HBKU ACADEMIC by default.

Capture_210914_02.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jpchen ,

Could you pls share your pbix file ,and remember to remove confidential data.

Best Regards

Lucien

Hi @v-luwang-msft ,

Please see my pbix file Test pbix (Choose "Free Download" on the left). Thanks for the kind assistance.

The Slicer has hierarchy - starting from Div. at the top followed by Entity and then by Center.

Ideally, I would like to see the next level in the Matrix when I select the Slicer. For example, when I select "Corporate" from Div., I'd like to see ARCHIVE OFFICE, BMO, ... shown in the Matrix by default.

Capture_210920_00.PNG

When I select "CHAIRPERSON'S OFFICE" from Entity, I'd like to see Chairperson, Chairperson Assistant shown in the Matrix by default.

Capture_210920_01.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May 23 2022 episode 5 with aka link.jpg

The Power BI Community Show

Welcome to the Power BI Community Show! Jeroen ter Heerdt will talk about the importance of Data Modeling.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Power BI Release May 2022 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the May 2022 updates!