Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mike_s
Regular Visitor

Values in chart all the same

Hi,

Hoping someone can help as my knowledge is pretty basic at the moment. Basically i'm trying to determine number of incidents by location or by status, for example.

The table i need to get the info from looks like the below - in this case "list_name" is filtered by status:

1.PNG

In the same table "list name" also has corresponding entries for "location"- as shown below:

2.PNG

The issue i have is when i create a chart to view number of incidents by location or by status, the total value is always the same  for each bar or column- instead of getting a breakdown. I'm not 100% this is the reason but suspect because there are duplicate entries in the "value_key" column. See example below:

3.PNG

The table is from a SysAid SQL DB.

Any help would be really appreciated

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Ritsgorge6

I'm currently experiencing this same issue. Tha bars in the image is supposed to show me how many sellers are in each rating.

I'm trying to see review score against count of sellers

16825809009945452620496097762990.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mike_S

I presume the columns are in two separate tables? If so, then all you need to do is go to "Manage Relationships", ensure the relationship between the two tables is active and, more specifically, ensure "Both" directions is selected.

That should do the trick.

v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mike_s,

From the screenshot, the “Count of id” is in Value bucket. I would like to know if the “Count of id” means the id column set with Count aggregation, or it’s a measure name. If it’s the former, please share corresponding id values for each value_caption. If it’s the later, please share the DAX of this measure.

To find the cause as soon as possible, I would suggest you share pbix file if possible. If the report does contain sensitive data, please upload your report to your OneDrive and send the link to me via private message.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-danhe-msft,

"Count of ID" is set with count - i havent created a measure that i am aware of- see screenshot below. I also wanted to point out that if i query values in other tables it counts ID quantity fine. It's just from this one particular table (In which "list_name" is) where i need to reference multiple entries within the same column (location, status etc):

4.PNG

does that help?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.