Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bratone
Helper I
Helper I

Values depending on date comparison

Hello,

I have a situation where depending on the date, I need to take into account one value or another. More pricesely, when rating a person, if the date is > than his promotion date I need to take into account let's say criteria 1, if not, criteria 2, and in the end, when looking at an yearly report, I will need to see the average of both criterias.

I have the following formulas:

Criteria 1 = IF(max(Calendar[Date])>[Promo_date],BLANK(),AVERAGE(Score1[Attempt Score1]))

Criteria 2 = IF(MAX(Calendar[Date])>[Promo_date],CALCULATE(average(Score2[Attempt score2]),,BLANK())

Measure = IF(MAX(Calendar[Date])<[Promo_date],[Criteria 1,[Criteria 2]))

Bratone_0-1672923275268.png

The measure on a month-to-month logic seems to be working, but as you can see above, the yearly average is wrong, and I think it takes into account only the scenario when the condition is met for criteria 2.

The displayed average is 0.17 just like the value for December, and for this example, the promo date is indeed 1st of December, so it only took into account the values from 1st of December onwards.

Any idea how can I make it to also display correctly the yearly average ?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Bratone , Try like

Averagex(values(Date[Month Year]), calculate(IF(MAX(Calendar[Date])<[Promo_date],[Criteria 1,[Criteria 2])) )

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Bratone , Try like

Averagex(values(Date[Month Year]), calculate(IF(MAX(Calendar[Date])<[Promo_date],[Criteria 1,[Criteria 2])) )

Thank you so much for your fast answer, is working as it should now:

Bratone_0-1672924759795.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.