Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Uma_Dhandpani
Helper I
Helper I

Values can be user defined in Power BI

Whether we can edit the report manually in Power BI. For example, in matrix table the value for sales amount is calculated and the total is enabled in subtotal format, we can edit the total value by giving some other values directly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Either your write a measure that uses the parameter value but then you have kinda a "textbox" where you edit the number or if you insist on editing the value within the matrix you need to use tools like poweronbi.com or the powerapps visual

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
JosefPrakljacic
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello Uma, 

You need to use the "Whaf-If Parameter" functionality. You use the Parameter Measure within your "Calculation Measure"

Here you have a good explanation how to do it -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IEYHMvqZHY

If this post was helpful please like/mark it as a solution.

@Uma_Dhandpani I whish you a nice day.

BR,

Josef

Hi,

Actually the doubt is whether  the 'total' column can be edited (i.e) as the user requirements the value can be changedCapture3.PNG

Hi @Uma_Dhandpani,

I think you may need to tell us how you calculate the "total" now?

Also, how do the users want to change the "total"?

Aiolos Zhao

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi,

Whether we can edit the value of total directly in the report

You can edit it via the parameter.

You have your parameter measure called parameter1

And you have a measure measure1 which your are using for your total calculation.

You could for instance rewrite measure1 like this

measure1 := SUMX(Your_Table, Your_Table[Quantity]-parameter1)

Please add an example with your data and expected results...

Hi,

Herecomes no logic, just I want to edit the value in the table field (i.e) instead for 1274, 1200 or 1278...directly in report

Either your write a measure that uses the parameter value but then you have kinda a "textbox" where you edit the number or if you insist on editing the value within the matrix you need to use tools like poweronbi.com or the powerapps visual

Thank You

Hi Uma 

would you please rephrase your question/remark. I'm sorry but I can't understand you here.

The total could be manipulated with a parameter.

Could you share an example with your data, your "imagined" process and the expected outcome.

Thanks Smiley Happy

BR,

Josef

AiolosZhao
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Uma_Dhandpani,

I think you can try to use "Parameter" feature,

also, if you can give a sample, that is better.

Aiolos Zhao

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.