Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sdhn
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Values are not changes thru SLICER or Check Box

Hi All,

I am using Power Bi Desktop to create dashboards.

I have multiple pages or reports in one dashboard report.

Lets assume

Dashbaord MASTER

Pages or reports as: 1,2,3,4,5,6

Department table is listed  in all reports.

6 reports have  particular data calculated by the measure and we used in the graph for each report.

I created new page or report "NEW PAGE"  on same dashboard ,

Add Departments slicer.

Put all graphs from 6 reports onto one page.

You check any departments and values should change for each dept in graphs.  Resides in each table.

Three graphs are working fine but has an issue with other three (values are not changing at all, which includes graph from Page 1, 3 & 5)

If I checked from the  page 1, 3 or 5 , value changes for each dept but not from "NEW PAGE".  

Any thoughts will be appreciated.  Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sdhn,

I'm not so clear about your scenario, can you please share more detailed information?

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

In addition, what type of tile are you designed? Did the pin visual contents from your report page or use the 'pin live page' feature to design your dashboard?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
sdhn
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Did not work out. 

@sdhn, did you duplicate the pages to create new pages? Or did you copy tables / charts / visuals from existing pages and paste them on the new pages?  If so, the filters on those will likely be carried over to the new pages.

If you need to check the slicers / filters, there are a few places:

• Check the filters on the visual itself as a starting point. If these are okay, go to next bulletpoint.
  • Under the View tab on the ribbon, go to "Sync Slicers". This will bring up a list of items that have Slicers / Filters from other pages that may be impacting the new pages. Check this. Go to next bulletpoint.

TheoC_0-1635475239055.png

• Under the View tab on the ribbon, go to "Selection". This will bring up a list of items that are actually on your pages.  Sometimes, when duplicating / copying from one page to the other, there are hidden Slicers / Filters that we are not aware of. This will show you every object on your page that may be impacting the new pages.

TheoC_1-1635475239060.png

Hopefully one of the above helps you out mate 🙂

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

TheoC
Super User
Super User

@sdhn, did you duplicate the pages to create new pages? Or did you copy tables / charts / visuals from existing pages and paste them on the new pages?  If so, the filters on those will likely be carried over to the new pages.

If you need to check the slicers / filters, there are a few places:

• Check the filters on the visual itself as a starting point. If these are okay, go to next bulletpoint.
  • Under the View tab on the ribbon, go to "Sync Slicers". This will bring up a list of items that have Slicers / Filters from other pages that may be impacting the new pages. Check this. Go to next bulletpoint.

TheoC_0-1634866211119.png

• Under the View tab on the ribbon, go to "Selection". This will bring up a list of items that are actually on your pages.  Sometimes, when duplicating / copying from one page to the other, there are hidden Slicers / Filters that we are not aware of. This will show you every object on your page that may be impacting the new pages.

TheoC_1-1634866350439.png

Hopefully one of the above helps you out mate 🙂

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.