cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zimmermanaric Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Values Change in Append

I am very sorry. In my haste I misread your post. I thought you said that you removed your order by. I will try it and let you know.

khappersett Member

@zimmermanaric

No worries! Hope it works for you .

Regular Visitor

That reduced the magnitude of the change in the number, but it will isn't adding up correctly and changes every time I hit refresh.

khappersett Member

Hmm did you add it to all 4 queries you’re appending?
Regular Visitor

Yes. I added the same order by to all 4 queries. How many columns are you selecting in yours? Did you order by all of them?

khappersett Member

I just ordered by one column. Not really sure why it worked for me - sorry you didn’t have the same luck
Super User
Super User

Hi @zimmermanaric,

First of all let me apologize for not responding on this message but add some issues witht work, and also lost the track to the treadhs I had open on my Inbox.

Can you please give some more details on your setup? To my experience when I add several SQL in PBI the only issues I experienced similar was when people where inserting data in the database so every time I refresh during my tests the data was changing.

Regards,

MFelix 

Regards

MFelix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Regular Visitor

Hi! Inserting records is not the issue here. I am querying information in the past that should not be changing.

Ofir Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I'm with the same problem. Is there anything new about this?
dgbraqe Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hello,
Did you open a ticket at Microsoft? Got any returns? I'm having the same problem, using the "append as new" option, the new table is different from the original tables.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Topics Started Badges Coming

New Topics Started Badges Coming

We're releasing new versions of the badge that everyone's talking about. ;) Check your inbox for notifications.

MBAS 2020

Save the new date (and location)!

Our business applications community is growing—so we needed a different venue, resulting in a new date and location. See you there!

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)