Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Value selected in slicer shouldn't show in visual

I have a dataset where there are different countries say usa UK India Canada Brazil etc and a certain measure corresponding to them. I have a slicer for country,if I select India it shouldn't show India but it should all other values in a visual like it should show Canada UK etc in the visual.Suggestions please!
6 REPLIES 6
CheenuSing
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous

Please check the solution I have authored

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Anti-Filtering/m-p/119471#M50455

If it works for you please accept this as a solution and also give KUDOS.

Cheers

CheenuSing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!
WP
Frequent Visitor

Hi Aishwar04,
Can you show maybe formulas and datamodel tables and relations. This helps assessing your question.
Based on your description it's hard to come up with an answer
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. Assume I have two tables one is Nationality and other is country of name. It represents the people of different nationalities travel the most in which countries. If nationality is Indian they travel the most in Country India but in data set for some nationalities it's not the same. So if I select nationality Indians in slicer so in the visual India shouldn't come but if I select nationality as Iran then in the visual it should show Iran as it is not the most visited country by Iranians.So if the slicer selected and the most frequent visited country is the same it should ignore highest values but should show the other countries for a nationality selected.
WP
Frequent Visitor

Well given the information, I would filter results out by testing if nationality is equal to country or not. For a more precise answer I would need to see actual data model.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well its not the same. If we take nationality as Americans the country is usa but for most of the country it is same like for Indians the country is India.
WP
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI can only get something out of your datamodel if it is already in there. If you have no mapping between countries and nationalities in your table, there is no way that you can add this into your calculations.

So based on your explanation, you probably would have to put this information in your model. E.g. You can add a table where you map countries-nationalities.

Simpler solution is maybe to not look at nationalities but looking at countries vs countries. E.g. a matrix structure where you map countries of origin on rows and on columns you put destinations. The underlying difference will be that country of residence determines 'local' travel, instead of place of birth (E.g. an Indian living in the UK who travels to India.The goal of your model would be to exclude him from the counts of travelling to India, while in the changed model, he would count as an external visitor) 

Anyway without data or further information I am out of ideas, so hope you find a way out 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.