Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dave6547
Regular Visitor

Value in visuals based on Max value in another dataset

Hello,

Im brand new to PowerBI.  I have a very large data model with many sources that collects data over time. (Some parameters are at different time intervals).

I would like the value in each visual  for 'temps1, temp2, temp3' to be the value corresponding to the 'Max' of another parameter from a different data set at the same time.  I.e Display 7, 4, 6. (see below)

Test.jpeg

I would like to display the temperatures on either cards, or guage visuals that correspond to the time that the 'Cooling Load' is max over a selected time period.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Dave6547 ,

Please check the Pbix.

There might be some differeces with your table, if you don't have any Confidential Information, better to share your pbix to us.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dave6547 ,

Have your problem be solved? Please consider accept the answer as a solution if it worked.

Best Regards,

Jay

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dave6547 ,

Please refer to the following steps.

1# Create a measure as below.

Measure = CALCULATE(SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Column1]),FILTER('Table','Table'[Column2]=MAX('Table'[Column2])))

2# Create a visual for dataset 1 and create a measure as below then add it to visual level flter.

Measure 2 = IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Table (2)'[Column1])=[Measure],1,BLANK())

Result would be shown as below.

4.PNG

Best Regards,

Jay

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Jay,

Thanks for the response.

I am still having a bit of trouble.

The first measure you described does get me to the time of day that the max occurs.

Capture1.PNG

The second measure comes up as blank when I put it into a visual, and the filter dropdowns for measure 2 do not allow me to interact with them and set to 'is not blank'

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

This is what I have for the measures.

Test Measure 1 = CALCULATE(SELECTEDVALUE('multitrends-data-cooling_profil'[Date/Time]),FILTER('multitrends-data-cooling_profil','multitrends-data-cooling_profil'[AER Flowmeter kW]=MAX('multitrends-data-cooling_profil'[AER Flowmeter kW])))

Test Measure 2 = IF(SELECTEDVALUE('multitrends-data-Condenser_Circ'[Date/Time])=[Test Measure 1],1,blank())

Also,

I don't want to display all of the visuals as a table,  will this method work with guages as well?

Appreciate your help.

Cheers!

Hi @Dave6547 ,

Please check the Pbix.

There might be some differeces with your table, if you don't have any Confidential Information, better to share your pbix to us.

Best Regards,

Jay

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors