Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kajover

Value from one column displayed in another one

Hi,

I have a column DEVICE_ID with a bunch of devices (e.g. 0000120DEVICE) that are connected with each other through a PARENT_ID (e.g. 0000797DEVICE). Both columns are in the same table Devices. However, the PARENT_ID itself is another device that has a DEVICE_ID. I would like to create a visualization that takes the currently selected value from PARENT_ID and displays it as DEVICE_ID. How could one create that?

Thank you a lot.

2 REPLIES 2
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi kajover,

It seems that you want to use PARENT_ID to filter DEVICE_ID and they are in different column in same table, right? If so, you could insert DEVICE_ID in table, and use PARENT_ID in Slicer, the it should work.

If this is not what you want, please correct me and inform me more detailed infornation (such as your data sample and your expecting output).

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It already works like that. What I would like to have is that once I click on PARENT_ID and all the DEVICE_IDs are being displayed that the PARENT_ID itself which has a DEVICE_ID is being displayed in the DEVICE_ID column (maybe in another visualization)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.