Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shivambhat
Helper I
Helper I

Value field not visible in Power BI Desktop

While plotting  Charts on Power BI Desktop, I am unable  to see value field. On the   contrary Its  reflected  while I try to plot Pie chart.

Please  help me with this! I am totally new to Power BI

shivambhat_0-1660733891758.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @shivambhat ,

This video seems to be old. If I am right it from Year 2020. And after that Power BI has got nearly 2 years worth of monthly updates.

It looks like in current Power BI version you don't see this values section anymore. Now you see x-axis  y-axis  section for the chart visuals.

Also whatever you used to add in the Values section earlier, now goes to y-axis section in the latest version.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @shivambhat ,

I am not 100% sure on what you mean by: I am unable  to see value field. On the   contrary Its  reflected  while I try to plot Pie chart.

Can you please elaborate more here?

Attach some screenshot for your pie-chart visual explaining what value field you are referring here?

If I understand your question you mean why you see values section in pie-chart when compared to another charts.

Pie chart allows you to represent one metric there fore you have Values section in there.

Pragati11_2-1660734226915.png

Other charts like the one you have highlighted stacked column chart, allows you to use x-axis and y-axis to be represented. Therefore doesn't have values section. Something like below where I have shown you want to repesent Total price by date:

Pragati11_3-1660734406601.png

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Thank   for    your  Quick response  🙂     Please see the image below for  Pie chart- where Value field  is reflecting   on right hand side. But when i try to do  for  Bar chart, it doesn't show value field.

shivambhat_0-1660734537290.png

HI @shivambhat 

Please see my previous response with explanation please.

I am mentioning my response again here.

If I understand your question you mean why you see values section in pie-chart when compared to another charts.

Pie chart allows you to represent one metric there fore you have Values section in there.

Pragati11_0-1660734823652.png

Other charts like the one you have highlighted stacked column chart, allows you to use x-axis and y-axis to be represented. Therefore doesn't have values section. Something like below where I have shown you want to repesent Total price by date:

Pragati11_1-1660734823171.png

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

@Pragati11  Thanks  for your  response, but still my question remains  that  How do I add values?

Please refer to this SC  as I have been following this video:

shivambhat_0-1660737839785.png

Here  you can that  you  are able  to add values in value field for  Column charts.

Hi @shivambhat ,

This video seems to be old. If I am right it from Year 2020. And after that Power BI has got nearly 2 years worth of monthly updates.

It looks like in current Power BI version you don't see this values section anymore. Now you see x-axis  y-axis  section for the chart visuals.

Also whatever you used to add in the Values section earlier, now goes to y-axis section in the latest version.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Thank you very much I was watching a tutorial of introduction of Power BI and I could not find the field of value and I was going to give up

@Pragati11   Thank you  so  much for your help  🙂  Appereciate it  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.