Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Treyson
Frequent Visitor

Value Headers

Hello,

I am creating a table that shows YoY revenue for different lines of business. I have set each LOB to have their own column of revenue information and I want to show that information with 2015 and 2016 next to each other, rather than the buckets sitting under seperate year buckets. I am explaining it poorly so here is the functionality with pivot tables.

Currently my Power BI matrix looks like the pivot table below. My revenue type value headers are below the year, which makes YoY comparisson difficult.

HowItIs.png

Within pivot tables, I can simply move the order of the column headers so that my years are below the value headers. Is there a similar functionality within Power BI that allows me to put this year header below my value headers?

HowItShouldBe.png

4 REPLIES 4
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Treyson

In Power BI, the measure name always appear under the field you put in Column Pane. We can't have it measure names appear above the column group like pivot table. This behavior is by design.

1.PNG

Regards,

@v-sihou-msft Are there plans to add this function to Power BI? It seems that if anything this design limits the tool.

@Treyson

I don't know if this kind of feature is on roadmap. I suggest you submit a feature request on Ideas: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Treyson Using matrix visual for power bi you can swap around fields for columns which will give you what you're after.

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.