Regular Visitor

Value Decimal Places greyed out. Why?

[ Edited ]

Does anybody know what causes Value Decimal Places to be greyed out in the formatting options?  This is happening to me regardless of the visual type.  It's happening both for measures and aggregated fields.  It's happening regardless of the field modeling.  I simply do not have the option to change the decimal places.

VDP.PNG

Community Support Team

Re: Value Decimal Places greyed out. Why?

Hi Trudgeon,

This is related with your data field, could you please share some sample data? Value decimal place in data label can be selected on my side.

Capture.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Community Support Team

Hi Trudgeon,

Have you solved your issue by now? If you have, could you please mark my answer to finish this thread?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Regular Visitor

[ Edited ]

This item is not resolved.  I don't see how it can be a data formatting issue.  I very recently added a new card (YTD BUDGET VM) to a report and the ability to change decimal places is uneditable.  This card is from on the same exact measure as an older card (YTD VARIABLE MARGIN) which does allow me to edit the decimal places.  It is the same measure.

The only reason I think of is perhaps a recent update from Microsoft removed this functionality.  I don't know.  I'm at a loss

02.PNGNew Card does not allow decimal editing

01.PNGOld Card does allow decimal editing