Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

VLOOKUP approximate match text in DAX

I have a pivot table with a data model where I want to calculate a metric that calculates which segment a "Monthly average volume" is within. In normal Excel I use VLOOKUP and approximate match to solve it but that does not work in Power BI.

I have a main pivot table with column "Monthly average" pic 1 for which I want to add a column that states in which segment each row falls within. The segment ranges are stated in another table pic 2 . How can I define a metric that calculates this?

Note that the formula needs to be able to handle that the segments to be returned is a text not numerical.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

You may refer to the post below.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Lookup-Price-Range-for-Style/m-p/322514#M143719

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

You may refer to the post below.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Lookup-Price-Range-for-Style/m-p/322514#M143719

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
LivioLanzo
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous 

this is possible to do with DAX, can you post data which can be copy pasted easily?

Did I answer your question correctly? Mark my answer as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.