Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Shabyman
Frequent Visitor

VLOOKUP Help

Hi all,

I am very new to PowerBI and DAX, so i apologise if this is a very simple. I am just unfamiliar with the formula's and best practices at the moment.

I have:

- Master Calender table with Date, Year, Month etc.

- A simple VAT table for now with just Year, VAT Rate.

- My Bookings table with line level data by Job#, Booking_Date, Revenue.

Currently the calender links to the VAT table on Year and to the Bookings table on Date.

I would like to do Revenue * VAT Rate = VAT.

I was thinking i need to look up the VAT Rate by converting the Booking Date to a year within a new calculated column? Is this the best way and if so how do this?

Thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Shabyman,

Based on my understanding, the relationships between tables are like below, right?

2.PNG

If so, you could create a calculated column in Bookings table directly using the relationship.

Rate = Bookings[Revenue]*RELATED(VAT[VAT Rate])

1.PNG

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Shabyman,

Based on my understanding, the relationships between tables are like below, right?

2.PNG

If so, you could create a calculated column in Bookings table directly using the relationship.

Rate = Bookings[Revenue]*RELATED(VAT[VAT Rate])

1.PNG

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@Shabyman

i would probably just create a date for the first day of the year in the vat table, ie 01/01/20** that via a relationship to the master calendar table as that will then roll up to the year, create a relationship between bookings date and the date and then create a cmeasure that looks like this

measure =
REVENUE * RELATED ( vatrate )

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.