Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Shabyman
Frequent Visitor

VLOOKUP Help

Hi all,

I am very new to PowerBI and DAX, so i apologise if this is a very simple. I am just unfamiliar with the formula's and best practices at the moment.

I have:

- Master Calender table with Date, Year, Month etc.

- A simple VAT table for now with just Year, VAT Rate.

- My Bookings table with line level data by Job#, Booking_Date, Revenue.

Currently the calender links to the VAT table on Year and to the Bookings table on Date.

I would like to do Revenue * VAT Rate = VAT.

I was thinking i need to look up the VAT Rate by converting the Booking Date to a year within a new calculated column? Is this the best way and if so how do this?

Thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Shabyman,

Based on my understanding, the relationships between tables are like below, right?

2.PNG

If so, you could create a calculated column in Bookings table directly using the relationship.

Rate = Bookings[Revenue]*RELATED(VAT[VAT Rate])

1.PNG

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Shabyman,

Based on my understanding, the relationships between tables are like below, right?

2.PNG

If so, you could create a calculated column in Bookings table directly using the relationship.

Rate = Bookings[Revenue]*RELATED(VAT[VAT Rate])

1.PNG

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@Shabyman

i would probably just create a date for the first day of the year in the vat table, ie 01/01/20** that via a relationship to the master calendar table as that will then roll up to the year, create a relationship between bookings date and the date and then create a cmeasure that looks like this

measure =
REVENUE * RELATED ( vatrate )

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.