Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

irobba
Helper I
Helper I

VIsuals not showing Measure Number Format from Azure Analysis Services

None of my visuals seem to be showing the correct number formatting from my Tabular model though they display as they should when presented in text items, like a card or table/matrix. This is a Direct Connection to Azure Analysis Services, the model is compatibility level 1500. Anyone come across this and have any pointers as to what I'm doing wrong? 

Here's an example, all using the same measure which the card and matrix are formatting correctly but the column chart has no formatting on the labels or the axis (or the tooltips either as it happens).

All of these are using the same measure but notice no currency symbol or number formatting on the chart labels or axisAll of these are using the same measure but notice no currency symbol or number formatting on the chart labels or axis

Here's the formatting properties of the measure in the model. 

Here's the pretty simple measure formatting in the Tabular ModelHere's the pretty simple measure formatting in the Tabular Model

Any help or advice gratefully received. 

Thanks

Ian

2 REPLIES 2
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @irobba 

Based on your description, you may refer to the following links.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-analysis-services-tabular-data

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/datetime-not-showing-when-i-connecting-from-Azure-Analysis/...

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for the links Allan, unfortunately I don't think my answer is in there in this case. 

My measures have the correct formatting options applied in the model and I can see that coming through when I use them on a card or tabular visual, it's just when I use them on a chart or other graphical visual that that formatting is not coming through and I can't for the life of me see why. 

Have been wondering if it's something to do with using Calculation Groups or something else to do with the latest version of Analysis Services as I have had loads of reports connected to Compatibility Level 1400 models without ever coming across this problem. 

I've tried specifying the format string in the Calcualtion Groups and also tried removing the Calculation Items from my report altogether but with no joy. Its a puzzler!

Appreciate your time and help 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.