Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mohan_g_das1986
Helper III
Helper III

VERY URGENT-How to get last 13 weeks excluding last week

Hi - Currently i am currently calcualting WOS = (Latest week Shipment)/(13Week avgshipments) my week is between Monday to Sunday,, if i refresh the file on Wednesday the latest week shipment will be incomplete. so i have choose the previous completed week to do the calcualtion.

Can someone help me??? VERY URGENT

5 REPLIES 5
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@mohan_g_das1986 

For a more complete answer, please provide sample data and/or screenshots of the data and your model.

Quick down and dirty method: create a calculated column in your date table for all weeks showing whether the week number is less than the current/incomplete week. This column will change every time the data is refreshed and use it as a flag to exclude dates in or after the current week number.

Is Weeknum less =
Var Thisweek = WEEKNUM(TODAY(),2)
Return
IF([WeekNumber]<Thisweek, 1, 0)

Calculate([WOS], [Is Weeknum less] = 1)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

WoS_ST_new = DIVIDE([latest_week_Inventory],[13WeekAvgST_units])
latest_week_Inventory = CALCULATE([Total Inventory_Units],TOPN(1,Query1,Query1[Week]))

FY2019W01 to FY2019W37 (latest week),..
W37 is not complete week, now have to calculate the latest week inventory for W36? instead W7

How should i do it

@mohan_g_das1986 

Without sample data, this is still just guessing. Please provide sample data and/or screenshots if available. Try this. Keep your latest_week_Inventory measure, add my LatestWeekInventory measure, and create the NewWoS_ST_new measure. don't remove your existing measures, just add my two versions and see if the NewWoS_ST_new works for you.

Add these two:

LatestWeekInventory = CALCULATE([latest_week-Inventory], [Is Weeknum less0=1)

NEWWoS_ST_new = DIVIDE([LatestWeekInventory],[13WeekAvgST_units])

Your existing measure:
latest_week_Inventory = CALCULATE([Total Inventory_Units],TOPN(1,Query1,Query1[Week]))

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @mohan_g_das1986 ,

Can you share more information about your model and expected result?

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490 (courtesy of @Greg_Deckler).

Regards

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

This is my

FY2019W01 to FY2019W37 (latest week),..
W37 is not complete week, now have to calculate the latest week inventory for W36? instead W7

How should i do it

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.