Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gLB
Frequent Visitor

VALUES() equivalent for multiple selection in a slicer

Hi,

I am currently working on a portfolio analysis model where I need to do a specific operation on multiple selected deals.

My goal here is to be able to run the CALCULATE() on more than one selection. Currently I can do it with one selection in my slicer using the VALUES() formula. It doesn't look like VALUES() can handle more than one selection because I keep getting the error: " A table of multiple values was supplied where value was expected"

In the filter of my CALCULATE I want the DimDeals table to find the selected deals and then do the calculation only for those selected deals. What should I do to be able to CALCULATE on more than one selection? Can it be achieved in Power BI?

See below a quick example of what I am trying to do:

Sensies_MultipleDEALS =

CALCULATE(SUM([NCF]),
DimDeals[DealName]=VALUES(DimDeals_Sensies[DealName_Sensies]))

where DimDeals_Sensies is a table with all the name of the deals. I want to be able to select more than one deal.

The "real" formula is longer than that. The other deals that are not selected with have their own calculation.

DimDeals_Sensies slicer

Deal 1 Selected

Deal 2

Deal 3

Deal 4 Selected

Deal 5

By selecting the Deal 1 and the Deal 4 my measure should return the sum of the NCF only for those deals.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @gLB,

I modify your formula, perhaps you can try it if suitable for your requirement.

Calculate column:

DealName = LOOKUPVALUE(DimDeals[DealName],[Deal_Index],[Deal_Index]) 

Measures:

Date_Loss_Select = IF(HASONEVALUE(Date_Loss[Date]),VALUES(Date_Loss[Date]),BLANK()) 

Loss_Select = IF(HASONEVALUE(Loss[Loss]),VALUES(Loss[Loss]),BLANK()) 

Before Loss Date = 
CALCULATE(SUM(CashFlows[CashFlow]),FILTER(ALL(CashFlows),[Deal_Index]=MAX([Deal_Index])&&CashFlows[Date]<=[Date_Loss_Select]))

After Loss Date = 
CALCULATE(SUM(CashFlows[CashFlow])*(1-[Loss_Select]),
FILTER(ALLSELECTED(CashFlows),CONTAINS(ALLSELECTED(DimDeals),DimDeals[Deal_Index],CashFlows[Deal_Index])),
FILTER(ALL(CashFlows),[Deal_Index]=MAX([Deal_Index])&&CashFlows[Date]>[Date_Loss_Select]))

Except Selected Loss = 
CALCULATE(SUM(CashFlows[CashFlow]),
FILTER(ALL(CashFlows),NOT(CONTAINS(DimDeals_Loss,DimDeals_Loss[Index_Loss],CashFlows[Deal_Index]))),
FILTER(ALL(CashFlows),[Deal_Index]=MAX([Deal_Index])&&CashFlows[Date]>[Date_Loss_Select]))

Portfolio_Deals_Loss_Analysis = 
[Before Loss Date]+[After Loss Date]+[Except Selected Loss]

Result:

11.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.