Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using web publish as customer portal using Tokens?

Hi,

I was wondering if its possible to use #tokens with the publish to web.

My thought where to generate tokens to customers and then based on the the tokens show specific customer data through the powerbi publish to web dashboards.

Is this acheivable?

Thanks

C

3 REPLIES 3
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering if its possible to use #tokens with the publish to web.

My thought where to generate tokens to customers and then based on the the tokens show specific customer data through the powerbi publish to web dashboards.

Is this acheivable?

Thanks

C

@Anonymous

"Publish to web" is as literally. Every one would see the same data. So the simple answer to your question is NO.

As to #token, I suppose you're talking about embedding a report. In both way, Power BI Embedded and Embed via REST API, RLS can be implemented.

Check 

Row level security with Power BI Embedded

While Embed via REST API, RLS works the same way in as Row-level security (RLS) with Power BI.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Eric,

I was meaning as a #variable so for example we could pass a customer id as a #variable in the url?

Thanks

Chris

@Anonymous

You can try to append the customid column to the url, check 

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35555694/passing-parameters-to-power-bi-filter-programmatically

But everyone has the url can remove the filter, so it won't as a security feature.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.