Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

WillemvB
Frequent Visitor

Using two measures to filter table

Hi

Being new to DAX, I am stuck and would appreciate some help. My data table has many columns of which one is the Financial Year. I would like the user to select any financial year in a slicer and would then display the data for the selected year as well as the previous year. I made two measures, SelectedFY and PreviousFY. I wanted to use these measures to filter the data, but it only works when I hardcode the variables.

So this works:

TableFILTER =
VAR SFY = "FY22"
VAR PFY = "FY21"
VAR FilteredData = FILTER(ALL(DataAll),DataAll[TheFinYear]=SFY || DataAll[TheFinYear]=PFY)
RETURN
FilteredData
But if I change the variables to equal the measures, the table filter returns nothing:
VAR SFY = [SelectedFY]
VAR PFY = [PreviousFY]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Manoj_Nair
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@WillemvB - try this solution and let me know if this resolve your problem. attached pbix file 

image.jpg

If my post helps you to find solution would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution and give it a thumbs up

Best regards

Manoj Nair

Linkedin - https://www.linkedin.com/in/manoj-nair-%E2%98%81-344666104/

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WillemvB
Frequent Visitor

Thank you, Manoj. This solution helps me.

Manoj_Nair
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@WillemvB - try this solution and let me know if this resolve your problem. attached pbix file 

image.jpg

If my post helps you to find solution would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution and give it a thumbs up

Best regards

Manoj Nair

Linkedin - https://www.linkedin.com/in/manoj-nair-%E2%98%81-344666104/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.