Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

knightkblack
Frequent Visitor

Using two date fields in the same filter

I'm working on a project where we have employees. These employees are in a table with a hire date and a term date (where the employee left the company/was fired). I've created some visuals to show how long these employees were with the company before they were terminated but running into issues with my filtering.

For example, I currently have a date filter and it is using the employees hire date. If I set it to see everything that happened in the month of January my visuals then only show the numbers for the employees that were hired in that month. So if an employee was hired in December and left in January, they would not be counted, which is not what we want. We are trying to see all hires and terms in the month of January. Can I do this off of one filter?

I've tried using date tables to help with this issue, but haven't been able to find a proper solution yet. 

I hope I was clear on the issue I'm having. Any help would be appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you post the currnet filter formula?

Thanks

Raj

I'm not using any filter. I'm just using the Hire Date as a filter on the actual report itself as can be seen below:

Date Filter.PNG

I'm wanting those using the report to be able to select one date range and everything else on the report to filter accordingly

Anonymous
Not applicable

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.