Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DanielB
Frequent Visitor

Using total to calculate a different measure

Hi Everyone, I have a problem to which I can't find a result. Basically I am trying to use an absolute total (not affected by any filters that might prop up) over a data-set in a different measure:

ShopTownDayBikes Sold
A107/02/20162
A108/02/20164
B107/02/20166
B108/02/20163
C207/02/20167
C208/02/20161

Result 
ShopTownAverage Bikes Sold Per DayScore
A130.8
B14.51.2
C241.0
Total 3.83 

My problem is that if I use a report Filter/Slicer to filter down to town level for example, it automatically recalculates the total average and changes the score. I want to be able to slice by town*, but the total to stay the same. What I am basically using now is SUM(BikesSold)/DistinctCount(Shop). To fix the total part I have tried a blank 'Allselected() or Allexcept(town) (-this one takes the max amount of distinct counts over the time period) but it bugs out in a way or the other.

Thanks!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @DanielB,

I try to reproduce your scenario get the expected result, please see the following solution. 

Create a measure using the following formula.

Average Bikes Sold Per Day = AVERAGEX(SUMMARIZE('Table','Table'[Shop],'Table'[Town],"Aa",AVERAGE('Table'[Bikes Sold])),AVERAGE('Table'[Bikes Sold]))

For example, create table used to diplay the shop, town and Average Bikes Sold Per Day values. Create a slicer including town values, when you click 1, it will the corresponding values, and the total average changes automatically.

1.PNG 2.PNG

If you have any other problem, please let me know.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LaurentCouartou
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Have you tried with ALL()?

Hi @DanielB,

I try to reproduce your scenario get the expected result, please see the following solution. 

Create a measure using the following formula.

Average Bikes Sold Per Day = AVERAGEX(SUMMARIZE('Table','Table'[Shop],'Table'[Town],"Aa",AVERAGE('Table'[Bikes Sold])),AVERAGE('Table'[Bikes Sold]))

For example, create table used to diplay the shop, town and Average Bikes Sold Per Day values. Create a slicer including town values, when you click 1, it will the corresponding values, and the total average changes automatically.

1.PNG 2.PNG

If you have any other problem, please let me know.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.