Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AtikurRahman
Frequent Visitor

Using the timeline slicer

Hello,

Can someone advise on how to resize a timeline slicer?

In order for me to see the whole timeline slicer I have to scroll sideways, is there a way in which I can avoid this and enable the slicer to fit to the screen?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Atikur

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KGrice
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

I think the best you can do is resize the timeline slicer to stretch across your entire report. There doesn't seem to be a way to make it nice and compact, like a zoom feature. In both of the samples that come with the visual, it takes up a large portion of the report.

The good news is that the Power BI team has started work on upgrading slicer capabilities, starting with slicers for dates. Hopefully we'll see some new features soon.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KGrice
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

I think the best you can do is resize the timeline slicer to stretch across your entire report. There doesn't seem to be a way to make it nice and compact, like a zoom feature. In both of the samples that come with the visual, it takes up a large portion of the report.

The good news is that the Power BI team has started work on upgrading slicer capabilities, starting with slicers for dates. Hopefully we'll see some new features soon.

Yes but doing so makes the report look out of prorportion.

That's good news that PowerBI are working on upgrading the slicers, especially with the dates as its something that I am currently working with.

Thank you for your response,

Atikur

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.