Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using the VSTS Connector problem

been recently using the Beta VSTS connector available via the Online services apps in the Get Data menu option

when loading information i chose "Work Items - All history by month" and have been using this for the past 2 weeks wihtout problem.

usually the data refresh would take 20 minutes loading about 700,000 rows of data

then the last 2 nights, my data has multiplied to the point that i cannot refresh the data as it takes longer than 2 hours. has something changed to this query?

i have even started a bran new file and connection to make sure it wasn't me doing something incorrectly and ive been loading 2 hours worth of rows and im at 2,000,000 rows and continuing

any help would be appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

The poor data load performance might not be cased by Power BI itself, it can also be affected by your computer environment. Please close all other running application on your machine and test again. And if possible, please test this scenario in a difference computer or under a different network.

Besides, please check whether the size of updated data is larger than before.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

i tried another laptop and whilst loading data was faster i still found that my data multiplied substantially

ive contacted the PowerBI/VSTS team directly and got a call scheduled to see what my issues are

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.