Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using the Original Count Instead of the Repeated Count

Hello - trying to use the TPID count column, but it repeats the count after adding the Marketing Play Product column. WHat's the measure I can create to use the original Count, instead of the repeated count?  In this example, should be 12 for High Tech Software, not 12*9(rows).

paulgalvemrm_1-1660904431017.png

Thanks!

PG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I think I got it, I can calculate the denominator to get the distinct count of the repeating columns.

paulgalvemrm_2-1660907422108.png

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gauravtomar
Frequent Visitor

Please share the measure or formula you use in TPID count.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well it's a measure already provided from the source.  Initially, this looks good with this fields:

paulgalvemrm_0-1660906683587.png

It is when we add the new column Marketing Play Product that the dataset expands the TPID count depending on the # of rows the Marketing Play Product has(in this case 9 rows).  I need that Marketing Play added but, when creating a new measure, I wanted to use the TPID count before the new field was added.  Is that possible?

paulgalvemrm_1-1660907014838.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I think I got it, I can calculate the denominator to get the distinct count of the repeating columns.

paulgalvemrm_2-1660907422108.png

Thanks!

gauravtomar
Frequent Visitor

Hi,
You are using a calculated column and High Tec is repeated 9 times in your data this is the reason it is showing 12 values 9 times in your data. 
you can take count in or check count in the matrix table.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gauravtomar - thanks.  not sure though what do you mean take count in or check count in the matrix? I'm looking at using 12 as a denominator in the measure.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.