Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using slicer to get date and put into column

Hi,
I want to use the slicer input to get the value (date) and substract the date with the other date in the other table.
I already create a measure with this DAX,

DateSelected = SELECTEDVALUE(DateInput[DateInput])

but then I try to get the value to minus the date with the other date in the other table. I also tried to create a new column in other table (INVENTBATCH) with this DAX but it does not work

Days = 
VAR selected = DateSelected
return
selected-[XFSRECEIVEDATE].[Date]

How can I solve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
hansei
Helper V
Helper V

Calculated columns are calculated once - on load. So SELECTEDVALUE will never be valid, and the column will not react to any changes you make in the report.

Instead, create another measure akin to

Days = SELECTEDVALUE(DateInput[DateInput]) - SELECTEDVALUE(INVENTBATCH[XFSRECEIVEDATE])

and add the measure to the table or matrix where you want the value to appear. As long as rows are not summarized (so XFSRECEIVEDATE only has one value in a row), it should work. You may want to add ISBLANK tests or alternate values in the second argument to SELECTEDVALUE in order to handle cases where values are not scalar

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Try

Days = 
VAR selected = SELECTEDVALUE(DateInput[DateInput])
return
datediff(selected,max([XFSRECEIVEDATE].[Date]),day)

//////////////////OR

Days = 
VAR selected = maxx(SELECTEDVALUE(DateInput),DateInput[DateInput])
return
datediff(selected,max([XFSRECEIVEDATE].[Date]),day)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak ,

You can try to look at the comment that i mentioned @hansei where the result that I exactly want. I want the result by row and not a single result. Thank you.

As stated, just put the measure in the table visual. It will calculate for each row
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hanseiboth of it return with blank results.

Works fine for me2020-03-18 (4).png2020-03-18 (3).png

hansei
Helper V
Helper V

Calculated columns are calculated once - on load. So SELECTEDVALUE will never be valid, and the column will not react to any changes you make in the report.

Instead, create another measure akin to

Days = SELECTEDVALUE(DateInput[DateInput]) - SELECTEDVALUE(INVENTBATCH[XFSRECEIVEDATE])

and add the measure to the table or matrix where you want the value to appear. As long as rows are not summarized (so XFSRECEIVEDATE only has one value in a row), it should work. You may want to add ISBLANK tests or alternate values in the second argument to SELECTEDVALUE in order to handle cases where values are not scalar

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @hansei ,
I want to calculate for each row. Means that if I have 3 dates in XFSRECEIVEDATE, it will come out with 3 rows that show the result of minus operation.

Example, selected values is 01/01/2035 and the field (result) is the result that i want.

XFSRECEIVEDATEresult
01/01/20205479
31/12/20118402
14/05/20099363

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.