Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jai_Bankar
Helper I
Helper I

Using single button to perform two actions

Hi, I am using back button in my development, when i click the back button, the applied filters must be cleared out and also it must go to previous page.

Can we achieve this, please suggest any solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Jai_Bankar 

After some tests in the Power BI desktop, I think this function can be achieved using bookmark and Sync slicers. You can follow my steps:

1. I created a Slicer on page2 and clear all filters then create a bookmark for page2
  2. I click the Slicer and click on the “Sync slicer” then set it like this:

v-robertq-msft_0-1611111306720.png

v-robertq-msft_1-1611111306725.png

1. I go to the page1 , create a button and set the action to “Bookmark 2 ”:

v-robertq-msft_2-1611111306727.png

Then I click the button, I jumped up to the page2, then I go back to page1, I found the Slicer is cleared.

v-robertq-msft_3-1611111306728.png

And you can get what you want.

You can download my test pbix file here

More info about Sync and use slicers on other pages

If this result is not what you want, you can post some sample data(without sensitive data) and your expected result.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Rohit_dutta
Frequent Visitor

its not working in filter pane also

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Jai_Bankar 

After some tests in the Power BI desktop, I think this function can be achieved using bookmark and Sync slicers. You can follow my steps:

1. I created a Slicer on page2 and clear all filters then create a bookmark for page2
  2. I click the Slicer and click on the “Sync slicer” then set it like this:

v-robertq-msft_0-1611111306720.png

v-robertq-msft_1-1611111306725.png

1. I go to the page1 , create a button and set the action to “Bookmark 2 ”:

v-robertq-msft_2-1611111306727.png

Then I click the button, I jumped up to the page2, then I go back to page1, I found the Slicer is cleared.

v-robertq-msft_3-1611111306728.png

And you can get what you want.

You can download my test pbix file here

More info about Sync and use slicers on other pages

If this result is not what you want, you can post some sample data(without sensitive data) and your expected result.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Jai_Bankar 

What do you mean by “the applied filters must be cleared out”? If you want to clear the Slicer and the filters of the page you are going back to, you can create a bookmark for the backed page without any Slicer and filter. Then set the action for the Button, like this:

v-robertq-msft_0-1611025958599.png

v-robertq-msft_1-1611025958623.png

If you want to clear the filter in the original page when you click the back buttom, I don’t think it can be achieved. Because each buttom can only have one action. You can only create another buttom to reset the filer then click “Back” buttom to the backed page.

Resetting page back to defaults using the new buttons feature and bookmarks in power bi

Best Regards,

Thank you!
My question was , I want to clear the filter in the original page when I click back button. But it's not possible to assign two actions for single button, can we have any other workaround for this issue?  

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Jai_Bankar , this seems like going to clear the slicer using bookmarks. I think create a clear a slicer bookmark on page 1 and use that on page 2 button

https://radacad.com/clear-all-slicers-in-power-bi-a-bookmark-story

Thank you!
Already tried this, works well , but my concern was, if i click back button, the filters applied in the current page should get cleared and then it should return to back page. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.