Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

axy5093
Helper II
Helper II

Using related in a measure

Hi,

I have a simple query where i count the no. issues closed during each month and hence i created a date table and have a many:1 (GetIssue[Closed_date] : DateKey[Date])relationship with my date table and this is an inactive relationship so i use USERRELATIONSHIP. But my final values seem to be very less. Any insight will be helpful 

Date tableDate table

Query :

ClosedBugs = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(GetIssues[id]),FILTER(GetIssues,'GetIssues'[Closed_date] >=RELATED(DateKey[StartofCurrentMonth]) && 'GetIssues'[Closed_date]< RELATED(DateKey[StartofNextMonth]),USERELATIONSHIP(GetIssues[Closed_date],DateKey[Date])) 

Thanks,

Aishwarya

1 REPLY 1
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@ axy5093 

You dont need to use related in your measure ,you can just use this measure

ClosedBugs = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(GetIssues[id]))

And two columns

Year=Year('GetIssues'[Closed_date] )
Month = Month('GetIssues'[Closed_date] )

Then drag the  Year ,Month and measure into Table visual like below:

1.png

If it is not your case, please share pbix file or some data sample and expected output . You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.