Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using rankx and calculate

Hi everyone,

So I used rankx in order to rank sales by client. My client asked me to show TOP 30 clients by sales, I did that filtering the object to show those 30. But my client also wants me to show a table with de percentaje of sales by those TOP 30 and the percentaje of sales of the other clients.

I thought I could use a measure like this: % TOP 30 = calculate( sum(sales); ranking <=30) but Power BI doesn't allow that. How can 

5 REPLIES 5
TCarrasquillo
Helper II
Helper II

I'm pretty sure you  just have to turn it around and use a switch statement like

%Top 30 = Switch (true(), ranking<=30, calculate(sum(sales))

You might not need the true( ) expression but, that is a place to start and it would allow you room to calculate the others as well I think.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thank you for answering. Power BI allowed me to calculate the measure but it showed the total amount of sales.

Facturación = sum('BBDD UTMS'[Total Neto Faena USD]) ; total amount= $ 25.335.100

Ranking = RANKX(ALL('BBDD UTMS'[Cliente Madre]);CALCULATE(sum('BBDD UTMS'[Total Neto Faena USD])))

TOP 30 = SWITCH(TRUE();[Ranking]<=30;[Facturación]); total amount= $25.335.100 and it should be $21.386.471

What should I do?

Thank you 🙂

I'm not totally sure, It seems like it's just not pulling out the ranked as it's supposed to. I would try using ALLSELECTED instead of ALL in your ranking measure.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Changing to allselected didn't work 😞 Thank you for answering, though 🙂

I'm looking at this again, I think the rank formula is not quite right.

Try replacing the Calculate portion with your measure for the sum of sales.

I hope that works for you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.