Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mattmcdowell_
Helper I
Helper I

Using "Latest" date function on visual

Hi all,

I am working on a production report.  The issue I am having is between two tables. The first table is production order header and the second is called capacity ledger entries that contains all the recorded work on these production orders.  

The specific problem is that for any rows in my visual where the production key (order # is blank) it shows a last posting date of 02/11/2019.   I would expect it to show blank. I looked at my data in capacity ledger entry and there are no blank production orders that could be causing this. 02/11 is the day I made the report if that means anything

The other possibilities are:

1. If there are values in capacity ledgr entries it pulls the correct latest date - WORKING

2. If there is a production order but no capacity ledger entries it should show blank - WORKING

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@v-yuta-msft 

My table was filtered yes. The table that I was trying to pull the data from was what was giving me an issue. I still don't know why but I solved the problem by copying the query that was giving me the issue, and using MAX to display the latest date per operation on the query.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Mattmcdowell_,

@Mattmcdowell_ wrote:

Hi all,

I am working on a production report.  The issue I am having is between two tables. The first table is production order header and the second is called capacity ledger entries that contains all the recorded work on these production orders.  

The specific problem is that for any rows in my visual where the production key (order # is blank) it shows a last posting date of 02/11/2019.   I would expect it to show blank. I looked at my data in capacity ledger entry and there are no blank production orders that could be causing this. 02/11 is the day I made the report if that means anything

The other possibilities are:

1. If there are values in capacity ledgr entries it pulls the correct latest date - WORKING

2. If there is a production order but no capacity ledger entries it should show blank - WORKING

Capture.PNG

I'm afraid your expression is not so clear. Are you using any filter or measure to filter the table visual? 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

@v-yuta-msft 

My table was filtered yes. The table that I was trying to pull the data from was what was giving me an issue. I still don't know why but I solved the problem by copying the query that was giving me the issue, and using MAX to display the latest date per operation on the query.

Mattmcdowell_
Helper I
Helper I

I noticed that if I take off the "latest" then the report blows out and I have many rows for the same part because multiple dates are coming through. However I still don't understand the reason for this behaviour.

Capture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.