Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Nepal101
Helper III
Helper III

Using one column value and filter another query

Hello everyone, 

I am pretty new to power query so need to ask if this is possible. 
The senario is I have a store proc that return 6 columns one of the column has ClientID base the the client ID that got poplulated from server A I need to use those list as the filter for another query that is coming from server B. is there a way to use Query result that is coming from A will be used to filter the query that is coming from B. 
example 
server A query 

client IDmissing data Name 

server B

client ID employee code score

I could load the data in power bi and create the relationship but it seems the query for server B has I million record that where as the server A has only those value that has missing value so it will always be less. 
I need to filter out the client ID that is coming from the server A query use that in server B query so I can get the code and score. 
Please advise. 

2 REPLIES 2
Nepal101
Helper III
Helper III

Thank you for the reply. 
I am not able to load the data that is coming from server B as it is huge. so whatever result I could get from the query in server A needs I need to use the Client ID as the filter for the query in server B. Can I do that?

marcelsmaglhaes
Super User
Super User

Hey @Nepal101 !

I don't know if I understand, but, you can merge the two queries in one. Load the 2 queries on Power Query and then merge then in new one choosing the best join option for your scenario. Read more about merge queries here:
Merge queries overview - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

PS.: Another way to get the desired result is merge directly in SQL if you have access to write it. 

Best Regards,
Marcel

Regards,
Marcel Magalhães
Microsoft Power BI Official Partner
MCT | Certified PL-300 Power BI

If I've helped, don't forget to give Kudos and mark my post as a solution!
Imagem de fundo

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.