cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bpie123 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Using new Azure Cost Management Connector issues with Account ID

I tried it again this morning and received the message:    Failed to discover tenantsBillingAccountId: Failed to discover tenants .  There does seem a way to pass the Tenants Billing Account ID.

Diegofsilver_IT New Member

Hi,

I had the same  issue and in contact with Microsoft, they share with me a similar connector that could be used.

The explain that exists a difference between a kind of your contract that you have in your enviroment.

Please, see the below documentation:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-connect-azure-consumption-insights#connect-with-az...

DebbieE Senior Member

Thank you,

Ill have a look on that. We gave up on it a while ago because it seemed that no one could get it working

tanyad Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

@Diegofsilver_IT that is for enterprise enrollments.  

matt213213 New Member

Same issue here. Grabbing the subscription ID the instructions take you to desn't work and the EA instructions and different connector are not applicable. Hoping someone figured this out. 

@DebbieE wrote:

Im trying to use the new Azure Cost Management Centre in the March Updates but I cant get it working

It asks for the Billing Profile ID and I dont know what this is. In Azure Ive gone to Cost Management and Billing and tried Subscription ID and Offer ID but I get this message

: TenantId: Failed to discover tenantsBillingAccountId: Failed to discover tenants

I cant see a billing Profile IDanywhere. Can anyone help me with this?

Debbie

vtechzpbi Member

Hi Friends,

I am trying to use this Azure Cost Management (Customer Agreement) connector but I am not seeing this connector in my power bi desktop. Is this connector discontinued.

awentzel Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I have the highest permissions and there is no difference.  Billing Profile does not exist in left column no matter the permissions

ormaoz New Member

This connector is for MCA accounts only, see the note under the titleThe Azure Cost Management connector currently supports customers on the Customer AgreementEnterprise Agreement customers should use the Microsoft Azure Consumption Insights connector.

Frequent Visitor

What should AIRS account holders use?

Frequent Visitor

Ideally, there would be a single connector without regard to the type of accounts.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 225 members 2,356 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: