Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

Using new Azure Cost Management Connector issues with Account ID

Im trying to use the new Azure Cost Management Centre in the March Updates but I cant get it working

It asks for the Billing Profile ID and I dont know what this is. In Azure Ive gone to Cost Management and Billing and tried Subscription ID and Offer ID but I get this message

: TenantId: Failed to discover tenantsBillingAccountId: Failed to discover tenants

I cant see a billing Profile IDanywhere. Can anyone help me with this?

Debbie

19 REPLIES 19
ormaoz

This connector is for MCA accounts only, see the note under the titleThe Azure Cost Management connector currently supports customers on the Customer AgreementEnterprise Agreement customers should use the Microsoft Azure Consumption Insights connector.

Ideally, there would be a single connector without regard to the type of accounts.

What should AIRS account holders use?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Friends,

I am trying to use this Azure Cost Management (Customer Agreement) connector but I am not seeing this connector in my power bi desktop. Is this connector discontinued.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here. Grabbing the subscription ID the instructions take you to desn't work and the EA instructions and different connector are not applicable. Hoping someone figured this out. 

@DebbieE wrote:

Im trying to use the new Azure Cost Management Centre in the March Updates but I cant get it working

It asks for the Billing Profile ID and I dont know what this is. In Azure Ive gone to Cost Management and Billing and tried Subscription ID and Offer ID but I get this message

: TenantId: Failed to discover tenantsBillingAccountId: Failed to discover tenants

I cant see a billing Profile IDanywhere. Can anyone help me with this?

Debbie

Diegofsilver_IT

Hi,

I had the same  issue and in contact with Microsoft, they share with me a similar connector that could be used.

The explain that exists a difference between a kind of your contract that you have in your enviroment.

Please, see the below documentation:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-connect-azure-consumption-insights#connect-with-az...

@Diegofsilver_IT that is for enterprise enrollments.  

Thank you,

Ill have a look on that. We gave up on it a while ago because it seemed that no one could get it working

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried it again this morning and received the message:    Failed to discover tenantsBillingAccountId: Failed to discover tenants .  There does seem a way to pass the Tenants Billing Account ID.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Was this resolved on what permission is required at what level? 

Im still not able to use this.  The instructions seem to be out of date for it

fn-craig
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here. Did anyone figure this out?

Anonymous
Not applicable

You might try getting more access.  I can not see it , but another user with more permission can see the billing profile id.  

I have the highest permissions and there is no difference.  Billing Profile does not exist in left column no matter the permissions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the exact same issue, cannot find profile ID anywhere.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive found the section about Billing Profile but when you get to "Navigate to Cost Management and billing , select your billing account and select Billing Profiles in the sidebar. Select your billing profile and select Properties in the sidebar. Copy your billing profile ID."

There is no Billing Profile in the sidebar. I dont know whether this is because this is now old instructions and need updating?

So from this I still cant find my Billing Profile ID

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the exact same problem. The instructions seem incorrect, incomplete, or both.

tanyad
Advocate III
Advocate III

same here, have no idea where to find the Billing Profile ID! Hopefully someone will know the answer

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.