Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cole_lehmkuhler
Helper II
Helper II

Using information from another table

Okay I have 4 tables. A "sales query" table which has 40k rows and is sales information about sales for a quarter and there are columns for 'account #' and 'control #', but no column for customer group(this will make much more sense once you read the rest of this). I have a "total sales by account #" which is just 2 columns one for account # and one for the sales of that account number. I also have a "total sales by control #" table which is also 2 columnsand has control # and total sales again. To explain each account # is a customer that has purchased in the last quarter. control #'s are a group of these account #'s, so the total sales of the control #'s are just a sum of the account numbers they are grouped with. Now I have a 4th table called "customer group table." I need the sales amounts per customer group, but I can't figure out how to get that information from these other tables. All the customer group table has on it is control numbers matched up to which customer group they belong to, but a group of control numbers makes up a customer group so obviously there are repeats in the customer group column. I need to know how to use the sales from either the control# table or the sales query table to get sales for each customer group.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nhallquist
Helper V
Helper V

I think you can do this.  I would left-join the Control# Total Sales numbers to the Control numbers in the Customer Group table.  This should be a 1-to-1 relationship based on Control number.  Then, you can Sum the Control number sales by Group in the Power BI app.

I think that will work, based on what I read above.  If this won't work, let me know and we'll keep working on it.

Nate

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Nhallquist
Helper V
Helper V

I think you can do this.  I would left-join the Control# Total Sales numbers to the Control numbers in the Customer Group table.  This should be a 1-to-1 relationship based on Control number.  Then, you can Sum the Control number sales by Group in the Power BI app.

I think that will work, based on what I read above.  If this won't work, let me know and we'll keep working on it.

Nate

Right again! Thanks for the help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.