Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dellis81
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Using filter with rounded primary key

Hello

I am fine tuning conditional formatting measures for a matrix visual.   The financial statement layout table has a primary key - which is  basically a sort order, including blank rows. 

In my "test" measure - I would like to return the result where the "rounded" primary key is equal to the PK measure.   In the example below - the PKmeasure grouped in red should return the result in blue.

For example the desired result for PK row 310298.999 would be $108,689.69 (as displayed in row 310299)

BlankRowMatrix.PNG

Below is my test measure.   I have tried various combinations of the All/Values on the "Financial_Statement+Layout" table

Test = 

VAR RoundPK = round([PKmeasure],0)
VAR RowValue =
    CALCULATE([FinancialReport SubTotals],
        keepfilters(filter(Financial_Statement_Layout,Financial_Statement_Layout[PK]=RoundPk))
    )
Return 

RowValue

The PKmeasure is basically a row index on the Financial_Statement_Layout' table

Again, all this is to help in my conditional formatting of a matrix financial statement.  The actual financial statement values are working as expected.

Thanks to the great community support!

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Dellis81 , Not very clear. You can create a color measure and and use that using field value option

example

Color sales = if(AVERAGE(Sales[Sales Amount])<170,"green","red")

Color Year = if(FIRSTNONBLANK('Table'[Year],2014)

<=2016,"lightgreen",if(FIRSTNONBLANK('Table'[Year],2014)>2018,"red","yellow"))

How to do conditional formatting by measure and apply it on pie?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqBb5eBf_I4&list=PLPaNVDMhUXGYo50Ajmr4SgSV9HIQLxc8L
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Power-BI-Conditional-formatting-the-Pie-Visual/ba-p/...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.