Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using filter pane for more than 1 column

Hello, 

I have the following table with 2 columns ID and Age. I want to create a table visualization as shown belowsample.PNG

In this visulization i want to use the same column Age two times, where the 1st time it will show the range 1-14 age and the second 15-30 age. I was able to do this with the help of measures.
This is the measure i used :

0-14 days =
VAR AGE = 'sample'[AGE]
VAR CALC = IF(AND(AGE >= 0 , AGE<=14), 1, 0)
RETURN
IF(CALC = 1,COUNTA('sample'[ID]))

I was wondering if this was possible with the filter pane. The filter pane when used, filters get applied to all instances of the same column. Is there a way to apply the filter to only one instance? Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

You may add a calculated column and use Matrix visual later.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Creating-groups-based-on-numbers/m-p/197342#M86817

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

You may add a calculated column and use Matrix visual later.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Creating-groups-based-on-numbers/m-p/197342#M86817

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.