Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

thomarw
Regular Visitor

Using different sources of $$$ depending on the value in a field

Hi there!  I have a field called 'Stage' with three different values, 'Complete', 'Execution' and 'Approved'.  If an item is 'Approved' I would like to use the value in a field called Total Project Spend, BUT if the value is 'Complete' or 'Execution' then I'd like to use the value in a field called Combined LBE.  Is there a way to apply this logic to a visualization?  Please let me know what you think.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the guidance!  Here's what I ended up getting to work:

#"Added Custom1" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type1", "NewMoney", each if [Stage] = "Approved" then [TotalProjectSpend] else [Combined LBE]),
#"Changed Type2" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Added Custom1",{{"NewMoney", Currency.Type}})

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like you need to create a custom column with an IF statement.  This would be something like

OutputField = IF(
	[Stage] = "Approved",
	[Total Project Spend],
	[Combined LBE]
)

This code assumes all your fields are in the same table.  If they are not, you'll need to expand on the DAX code.

Thanks for the guidance!  Here's what I ended up getting to work:

#"Added Custom1" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type1", "NewMoney", each if [Stage] = "Approved" then [TotalProjectSpend] else [Combined LBE]),
#"Changed Type2" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Added Custom1",{{"NewMoney", Currency.Type}})

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.