Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

emilia_emilia

Using decimal numbers in conditional formatting rules

Hello, I would like to set conditional formatting rules based on values of a measure.

For example: if value is greater than or equal to 0 and is less than 0.5 then [green]. However, I get the following error when trying to set the second value to 0.5:

Please enter a valid value. The two nearest values are 0 and 1.

I tried changing the measure type from General to Decimal, but it didn't help. Would be grateful for any ideas.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ooh i didnt see this message. 

Well all goood then ! 

Have a good day 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @emilia_emilia,

I didn't manage to reproduce your error could you send a sample of your data and your measure please ? 

Thanks, 

Etienne

Hi Etienne,

Thanks. I can't share my data, but I reproduced the error using random numeric data. The measure used on the graph is: Measure = AVERAGE(numeric_column), and the graph is split into several categories (it's a clustered column chart). Both numeric columns have the General format.

Best, Emilia
Anonymous
Not applicable

@emilia_emilia Have you tried pressing OK after entering your conditional formatting ? I have the same error message but i can press OK and everything appears as desired. 
It seems more like a warning to me, but i think it's not too bad 😉

Regards,

Etienne

Actually, I found that the rule works, although it shows the error. So I will just ignore the error and proceed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ooh i didnt see this message. 

Well all goood then ! 

Have a good day 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.