Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using date and ID column to compare rows from two tables

Hi All,

I'm looking to create a measure that can tell me how many contacts that I did not meet with in the 4-8 weeks after I requested a meeting. I'm strugging and can't seem to get the right combination of FILTER functions (of which, I'm a novice).

I have 3 tables: 1) Meeting Requests, 2) Meetings and 3) Contacts:

Image 1.jpg

The desired outcome in the above scenario is 1 (red). I reached out on 2/1/2018 and didn't meet in the next 4-8weeks.

Ultimately I'd like to be able to slice this measure in visuals by year. Potentially other slices as well.

Any ideas?

Appreciate the help.

Thank you.

Shaun

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

Just like CONTAINS, you may try using COUNTROWSFILTER and DATEDIFF in a measure.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
cpmohanraj
Frequent Visitor

My suggested approach,

- Add a date column in the Meeting Requests that will represent 4 - 8 weeks boundary from the request date

- The above step creates a date range for every meeting request and all that we need to do is to check if there was any meeting with the respective person held between this date range

You may know a better way of doing this date range join. I came across a post that explains how to use DAX table function to create a date range join - Join Data on Date Range

Hope this helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.