Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sjensen
Helper I
Helper I

Using data from the same column

I am trying to calcuate something within the same column. I want to take the data from different years and calculate the percentage difference.

Maybe I am close?

Calculate(sum(Data Table [column] = 2015 - Calculate(sum(Date Table [column] = 2014 

Do this from 2014 until current. Then calculate the percentage difference from there by: Calculate(sum(Data Table [column] = 2015 - Calculate(sum(Date Table [column] = 2014) /(Sum(Data Table [column] = 2015) *(100)

This does not work but I am thinking I may be close?

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisMendoza
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hello @sjensen,

Try something like: *this should get you closer even though it is calculating Year to Date*

Total = SUM(Table1[Value])
YTD Value = 
TOTALYTD(
    [Total],Table1[Date]
) 
[ LY Value YTD] = 
CALCULATE(
    TOTALYTD([Total],Table1[Date]),
    SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR(Table1[Date])
) 
% Difference = 
DIVIDE([YTD Value]-[ LY Value YTD],[ LY Value YTD])

4.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thank you for that information! I created the equations and added the Percent equation with a date field of year to divide it up by year but it is just saying Cant display the visual. Even just having the Percent equation is also saying the same thing. I am sure I needt adjust something but I am stuck at this point. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.