Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tarun912
Helper IV
Helper IV

Using buttons (APPLY and RESET)

Hi all, 

I want to ask one thing that I have created a dashboard that contains 5 slicers, so my dashboard is filtering as per my slicers as soon as I press selectively on the slicer, my values on the dashboard changes.
But I want like somebody make some selections in all the slicers and then press APPLY button , then all the changes appear in my dashboard and not before pressing the APPLY button.

same case with the RESET Button, like if somebody made some selections in the slicers , i just want to reset all those selections, How to go ahead with this ?

so, is this type of functionality available in POWER BI ?

Can somebody please help ?
Thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tarun912 ,

1. For the Apply button, I'm afraid there is no option about this in power bi desktop. As we know, slicers are used as a page filter that affects other visuals in one page. What we can do is just edit interactions with other visuals if we want to not sync instead of show all the interaction results at the same time. If you really want this feature, you can sumbit this idea to https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas to help us improve power bi and make this feature coming sonner.
  2. For the Reset button, if you want to clear all filters, you can try to use bookmark to store the initial status for the page.

Related documents and viedos attached that could help you:

1. Slicers in power bi desktop 
  2. Clear filters case 
  3. Clear filters viedo 

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tarun912 ,

1. For the Apply button, I'm afraid there is no option about this in power bi desktop. As we know, slicers are used as a page filter that affects other visuals in one page. What we can do is just edit interactions with other visuals if we want to not sync instead of show all the interaction results at the same time. If you really want this feature, you can sumbit this idea to https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas to help us improve power bi and make this feature coming sonner.
  2. For the Reset button, if you want to clear all filters, you can try to use bookmark to store the initial status for the page.

Related documents and viedos attached that could help you:

1. Slicers in power bi desktop 
  2. Clear filters case 
  3. Clear filters viedo 

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Is there any update/ work around for APPLY button as discussed by the author of the post in the  recent versions of the software.

guiggs
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @tarun912!

So, for the apply button I don't know any solution. Let's see if somebody has an idea!

For the reset button, you can use a bookmark in which you clean the selection of all slicers.

Let me know if you have some question!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.