Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using bookmarks clear Hierarchy Slicer filters??

Hi,

i am able to clear the slicers using the bookmark feature for all the filters,except for the hierarchy slicer.

can someone has cleared the selection from the hiearchy slicer using bookmarks?

Regards

CLR

9 REPLIES 9
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

You could have a good look at this blog Clear All Slicers in Power BI; A Bookmark Story which could help you clear all Slicers using Bookmarks.

In addition, I also have a test with clearing Hierarchy Slicer filters in the way the blog has intrduced. That should be feasible.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

i am able to clear the slicers for all the filters which i am using but not for hierarchy slicer.

if you have cleared the slicer using bookmarks feature can you send me the sample pbix?

Hi @Anonymous,

I created two pages, one has slicers, another cleared all filters. Then create a bookmark in the first page to link with the page without slicers.

You could see the details in the sample pbix file attached below.

Best Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-piga-msft,

i see that you are redirecting the user to a new page using bookmark with no filters,but i am trying in the same page and i can clear all my slicers in the page with bookmarks feature except this hiearachy slicer.

i dont want the users to be redirected to a new page just to clear the slicer rather it will be good to have it in the same page.

Do you know if i have an option to clear the hiearchy slicer selection in the same page?

Regards

CLR

Hi @Anonymous,

If you only have one Slicer in one page, you  only need to click the option clear.

clear.png

If you have many Slicers in one page, you could creata a bookmark without slicers for this page. Then create a bookmark button, and link to the bookmark on the same page.

clear all slicers.png

The details you could see the attachment.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-piga-msft,

i see that the report displays the data without the hierarchy slicer filter but the filter was not cleared,this will lead to confusion among the users.Please find the below screenshot from your report once i clicked on Clear all Filters the report data will be displayed with no filter but the hiearchy slicer is showing as (NORTH) selected. 

BookmarkFilterNotCleared2.gif

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm really sorry for this mistake.

I have made tests and could reproduce this issue. It seems that there is something problem when the custom visual works with Bookmarks.

Based on the official document which has mentioned, If you run into trouble with bookmarking and a custom visual, contact teh creator of that custom visual and ask them to add support for bookmarks to their visual.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-piga-msft,

Thanks for the input and i reached out to the owner of the visual and he confimed that support for bookmarks feature for hiearachy slicer will be implemented in couple of weeks.

Regards

CLR

Any update on this? I still get the same issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.