Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

Using an Analysis Services data source no data and errors

I have a very simple star schema set up in a fact table

the fact is in the middle and all the relationships are set up 1 (Dim) to many (Fact) 

I have the exact same relationship set up in Power BI (Without using Analysis Services and its fine)

Ive successfuly processed the model. Ive also deployed to the Azure Analysis Services Database

I then use it as a data source in power BI, Pop a few items into a table and the table remains blank.

Ive I try and use two tables I get the following

Error Message:
The expression referenced a relationship between 'VW_FactResellerSalesUK'[ProductKey] and 'DimProduct'[ProductKey], which does not hold any data because it needs to be recalculated.

Any help would be appreciated. I must be doing something wrong but I dont know what. im convinved my relationships are correct because they work fine in Power BI

4 REPLIES 4
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DebbieE 

I can't reproduce your problem.

Could you share an test file?

There are similar threads, please check if it could help you:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/c5950ffa-b3d6-44a0-bd5c-a747932ffa64/tabula...

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Calculated-Column-Relationships/td-p/44544

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Im not sure how to share a test file on this. I created it against the example Adventureworks Data Warehouse.

Its all been deleted now because I couldnt get it working.  

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DebbieE 

Are the 'DimProduct'[ProductKey] and 'VW_FactResellerSalesUK'[ProductKey] raw data in the data model or calculated columns based on other columns?

Do you connect to SSAS in import mode or in live connection?

Best Regards
Maggie

The Keys are raw data in the tables

Im using Import mode not direct query

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.