Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

julien-rivley
Helper I
Helper I

Using all to return a table

Hello,

I have a Fact table like this:

ProductCustomerRegionDateSales

In the middle of a calculation, I would like to put that table in a variable with the following filter:

Based on contextBased on contextBased on contextAny dateBased on context
ProductCustomerRegionDateSales

ALL seems to be the right function but I only manage to use it in a calculation with formula like this:

CALCULATE(
SUM(Fact[Sales] ,
All(Fact[Date]))

How could I use it to return the table above?

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

I'm a bit worried about why you might want to do this as it could lead to performance issues and there might be alternative faster approaches. But to answer your question you could use the CALCULATETABLE function to create a table variable with an altered filter context.

eg.

VAR _factAllDates = CALCULATETABLE( Fact, ALL( Fact[Date] ) )

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

I'm a bit worried about why you might want to do this as it could lead to performance issues and there might be alternative faster approaches. But to answer your question you could use the CALCULATETABLE function to create a table variable with an altered filter context.

eg.

VAR _factAllDates = CALCULATETABLE( Fact, ALL( Fact[Date] ) )

Thanks a lot!

Yes, I have some tricky calculation to do and I could not find anyother solution than this... Ultimately, the goal is to design something similar to this:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Days-of-Supply/m-p/635656

Julien

@julien-rivley wrote:

Thanks a lot!

Yes, I have some tricky calculation to do and I could not find anyother solution than this... Ultimately, the goal is to design something similar to this:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Days-of-Supply/m-p/635656

Julien

That's fine and the CALCULATETABLE approach should work, but you might find your performance is better doing some sort of ALL() over your date dimension rather than a CALCULATETABLE over your fact.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors