Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SusD
Frequent Visitor

Using a tachometer to display the percentage of a certain selection in a multiple choice question

Dear all, 

I have been playing around with PowerBI for some time but there is one thing I'm still struggling with. 

The situation

I created a Microsoft Forms questionnaire in which I ask five different multiple choice questions. The possible answers are "perfect", "good", "mediocre" and"bad". These are mandatory questions where only one answer can be given. I connected the Form with Flow to PowerBI and simple elements such as a bar chart and a pie chart are working perfectly. However, I would like to indicate with the custom visual tachometer what the percentage of answers "perfect" and "good" are compared to the total amount of answers. 

The problem 

I am unable to only show the "perfect" and "good" answers without also filtering the total amount of answers. As a result it is always showing 100% on the tachometer. 

I hope that I provided enough information, otherwise I'm happy to elaborate.

Kindest regards and thanks for the help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SusD
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the help everyone! 

The solution is to create a second table. This way the tacho can be filtered individually for each table.  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SusD,

Please share some dummy data and expected results to help us clarify your data structure and do test on them.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Let's assume the following: 

There is one multiple choice question where someone can choose between the following options; 

• Very satisfied (50 times selected) 
  • Satisfied (25 times selected) 
  • Revision required (15 times selected) 
  • Non acceptable (10 times selected) 

The goal of the tachometer is to illustrate how many times option 1 and 2 is selected compared to the total times an answer was given. Taken the above data into account, I want to have a dial at 75% indicating the percentage of option 1 and 2 combined. The purpose of the tachometer is to illustrate the level of service provisions that is at least 80%. Currently, I can't build the tacho in a way that it shows only option 1 and 2 for the value. It is also included in the total meaning that it is always 100%

Hope this helps and thank you very much for the support 

SusD
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the help everyone! 

The solution is to create a second table. This way the tacho can be filtered individually for each table.  

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@SusD , you have created a % measure. or what measure you are using

I'm not completely sure. In the database the input is considered text. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.