Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Quadrelli
Regular Visitor

Using a slicer to select a column

Hi,

Can someone help me with slicers?

I have a table similar to the following;

Name Department January February March April May June July August September October November December

Abi     Accounts      20         40            80       30    60    70    20    60         40              90          10              20

Bob    IT                  30         50            30       20    30    40    60    40         10              20          30              10

Cathy IT                  10         40            30       20    90    30    20    60         70              40          60              80

Doug Marketing     20        20             70       80    40    50    60    10        90              40           50             20

Ewan Accounts       30        40             30       90    70    60    40    20        10              80           70             30

I would like to use slicers to select the department but also use a slicer to select a month, I'm not sure how to do this, any ideas?

Thanks

S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Quadrelli ,

For your requirement, you could follow the steps below.

If you want to create a slicer with Month, you need to unpivot your month columns in Query Editor.

unpivot.png

Then you could get the data model like this.

data model.PNG

Then you could create the matrix and the slicer.

Capture.PNG

More details, you could refer to my attachment.

Best  Regards

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Quadrelli ,

For your requirement, you could follow the steps below.

If you want to create a slicer with Month, you need to unpivot your month columns in Query Editor.

unpivot.png

Then you could get the data model like this.

data model.PNG

Then you could create the matrix and the slicer.

Capture.PNG

More details, you could refer to my attachment.

Best  Regards

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.