Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

raymondvanzon
Frequent Visitor

Using a slicer to choose between two columns

Hi,

I have some data i would like to visualize in a line chart. 
The data consists of values for different years, scenario's and policy's

In output 1 I have all data for policy 1, and in output 2 i have all data for policy 2

For my example's i used excel and created some random value's, so this is not my real output.

for example i have the following table (I have one tab for policy 1 and one tab for policy 2)

Screenshot 2020-01-20 at 11.09.55.png

Now, i want to be able to make a line chart that visualizes the data. 

I want to be able to use a slicer to choose between year and scenario's. 

This i can manage as i unpivoted, which gave me the following output :

Screenshot 2020-01-20 at 11.10.02.png
(the data continues for all years, so year 2, scenario 1......... all the way to year 60 scenario 2000)

I used excel to create the example above, in my real data the diferent policies are in different queries.

However, i would like to create another slicer that lets me choose between policies and will show the value's for the chosen policy in the chart.

For example, I want to look at scenario 1 for all year (this I know how to do) and i want to look at policy 1. I would like to switch between policies and look at scenario 1 for all year, but this time for policy 2.

At the same time i would still like to be able to filter between scenario's and years.

Can i create some filter that lets me switch between policies, while I also have different filters for years and scenario's?

all help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

refer , if this can help

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Slicer-MTD-QTD-YTD-to-filter-dates-using-the-slicer/td-p/50...

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution. In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @
Thanks. My Recent Blog -
Winner-Topper-on-Map-How-to-Color-States-on-a-Map-with-Winners , HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-trend
Power-BI-Working-with-Non-Standard-Time-Periods And Comparing-Data-Across-Date-Ranges

Connect on Linkedin

I think i made it work. Thanks for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.